May 9, 2020, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
WHERE: Lodge at Port Arrowhead, 3080 Bagnell Dam Blvd, Lake Ozark, MO
Starting at 8 a.m. with breakfast, the public is invited to the Lodge at Port Arrowhead to learn the ins and outs of water safety.
The event is free to the public. Sponsored by Lake of the Ozarks Water Safety Council and Lake of the Ozarks Captains Association.
Whether you own a boat, you don't own boat, whether you swim in a pool and not the lake, whether you float a stream, whether you kayak, everyone who's on or around the water needs to come out and take part in this water safety seminar.
This safety seminar comes just one week before the National Boating Safety Week.
There will be Door Prizes, Guest Speakers, Vendors, Boating Information Classes, and Free Vessel Inspections.
Meet Members of the United States Coast Guard and Missouri Water Patrol - Find out what is new for 2020, and how they work together on the Lake of the Ozarks.
The following will also be presented at the seminar:
- Hear the Story of Brain and Nathan Keese and how their loss are saving others.
- On the Water – Life Jackets Are For Everyone A personal account by Darin Keim of how a lifejacket could have saved his friend’s life.
- A presentation from Lake Regional Health System on if an accident occurs on the water, what you need to know, and what you can do.
- Hazards on the water, what to look for and how to prepare presented by Greg Gutirrez.
- Electrical Hazards on the shore and on you dock presented by Michael Boyd
- Boat Crashes Who do you call, what to do presented by Boat US
- Plus Other speakers and topics to help you have a safe and enjoyable outing on the water.
The water safety seminar goes until 3 p.m. If you haven't pre-registered, they are accepting walk-ins at the door.