In 2013, The Bob Morgan Memorial Shootout Hall of Fame was unveiled in honor of the 25th Annual Shootout. Each year, a Shootout Hall of Fame dinner is held to honor those who have helped build the Shootout where Top Guns and past honorees welcome new inductees.
This year's Shootout Hall of Fame Dinner will be held on Tuesday, August 20 at The Stables at Cannon Smoked Saloon in Sunrise Beach. This event kicks off with a social hour at 6 p.m. that is followed by dinner at 7. At 8:30 p.m., six new honorees will be inducted into this exclusive group.
New inductees include:
- Ron Duggan - Owner of Captain Ron's Bar & Grill and Shootout Director since 2008 when the event first moved to Captain Ron's.
- Dave Leathers - Owner of Showcase Publishing who is being named the first ever "Diamond-Level Sponsor," a tier for sponsors who give/raise between $40-49,000 for Shootout charities. Throughout his involvement with the Shootout, he and Showcase have raised more than $200,000.
- Kent Morris - Owner of Deepwater Inn and Pirate's Point Marina and organizer of race course operations who has been involved with the Shootout since its early days in the late 1980s.
- Brad Rowland - Owner/driver of "Tooned In Two" - a South Bay pontoon that in 2016 set the new record for fastest pontoon ever run at the Shootout by clocking speeds of 114 mph.
- Don Onken - Owner of "American Ethanol," the 50ft Mystic that has been putting up speeds of over 200 mph since its Shootout debut in 2015.
- Charlie Schaefer - 16-time class winner who made his Shootout debut back in 1993 with his 25ft Obsession catamaran. After several years of offshore racing, he returned to the Shootout once again in 2000 and has hardly missed a race since.
From racers to sponsors, promoters to board members, it takes an industrious community that's full of boating enthusiasts who have heart and gumption to not only pull off an event as big as the Shootout, but to ensure it succeeds year after year.
Bob Morgan Memorial and Shootout Hall of Fame 2013
Before the racing commenced at the 25th Annual Lake of the Ozarks Shootout, a ceremony honored Shootout hero Bob Morgan with the unveiling of the Bob Morgan Memorial and Shootout Hall of Fame.
Photography by Bill Benson Photography
All photos under copyright protection. To purchase digital photos, e-mail ID number to email@example.com